Aug 8, 2012

Share files in Remote Desktop Connection

In my case I access hell lot of time using Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my deployment server. In some cases I need to get the data from the Remote Desktop Server. Glad to know later that Remote Desktop Connection, a default application found in Windows OS does support such feature of sharing file between remote desktop and your Laptop.

1. Open the Remote Desktop Connection or type mstsc in Run commend
2. Click on Options when Remote Desktop Connection is opened.
3. Select Local Resources tab menu.
4. In Local devices and resources group box, select more...
5. Then check, Drives

That's it folks, now open the My Computer in the remote Desktop that you have just logged in. There you will see your Drives added automatically as Map Network drives. now you can make a file transfer between your laptop and the Remote Desktop Server.

No comments:

Post a Comment