Aug 8, 2012

Gmail or Google Apps Mail setting in Thunderbird

I wanted to configure my Gmail/Google/Google Apps Mail of my Domain account in my email client Thunderbird. I want to do pop settings for the account instead of imap.

Here is what i did to make a setting in my Thunderbird:

1. Enter Your Name, Email Address and Password. Click Continue.

2. As soon as I clicked on Continue, I click on manual Config. Then I make a necessary setting as for POP account.

a. Google App Mail/Google Mail Account

Incoming: POP3 ; pop.googlemail.com ; 995 ;  SSL/TLS ; Normal Password

Outgoing: SMTP ; smtp.googlemail.com ; 587 ; STARTTLS ; Normal Password

Username: user@domain.com

b. GMail Account

Incoming: POP3 ; pop.gmail.com ; 995 ;  SSL/TLS ; Normal Password

Outgoing: SMTP ; smtp.gmail.com ; 587 ; STARTTLS ; Normal Password

Username: user@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment