Aug 8, 2012

Broadband Connection setup in Fedora

I just installed Fedora 14 in my Laptop, after that I wanted to setup a Druknet broadband connection to access internet. After so much of trying i finally did it. My Current Situation of broadband connection was:

Connecting to druknet Broadband through my home wireless network.

1. I connected to my wireless network
2. I went to System > Administration > Network
3. Clicked New
4. Select xDSL Connection from the Device Type
5. Provider Name: broadband
Account Type: Normal
Login Name: dnetXXXXXXXX
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
6. Apply
7. I edited /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-broadband, the line that had ETH to below
ETH:wlan0
8. System > Administration > Network. Then Select the current xDSL broadband connection and Activate it.

Yahoooo, now you are connected to internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment